Many people make the common misconception that Alabama is a state full of backwoods hillbillies. If you find yourself in this group, think again! The very first heart surgery performed in the world was performed fight there. Not only are they technologically involved in the global community, but Alabama also lays claims to fame throughout the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960′s. While some of the residents of the area were forced to abandon their old ways of thinking, Alabama played a key role in getting us to the places that we are at today.
Regardless of what you might be seeking from a quiet and simple life in the south, Alabama is a gem that can keep you excited, happy, and invigorated about each and every day.
Considering a move to Alabama? Keep these fun facts in mind!
- Workers in the state of Alabama were responsible for building the rocket, a Saturn V, that put human men on the surface of the moon.
- Montgomery was the birthplace of the Confederate States of America before and during the Civil War.
- The Hall of History, located in Bessemer, is known for having on display Hitler’s typewriter, which survived from his mountain retreat.
- Blount County in Alabama was created on February 7th in the year 1818. This makes that county older than the state itself.
- The Alabama state sales tax was instituted in 1937 with the goal of aiding in the funding of education throughout the state.
Alabama is a great place to live whether you are an individual or a family. While the move itself might take some work to complete, it will always be well worth the effort that you put into it.