Once called the great American desert, the state of Nebraska might be a Great Plains state, but it is far from the definition of Plain. On the contrary, this state has tons to offer people looking for a new place to live and grow, including a rich cultural scene that surrounds the campuses of higher education facilities throughout the state. You can also find a rich history there, including things such as parts of the Oregon trail and sites like Chimney Rock.
If nature isn’t your cup of tea, some of the larger cities in the state would be perfect. You can’t miss the beauty in the buildings that make up the states capitol, or the technology that flourishes throughout these societal centers of activity. Still, Nebraska is best known for the rich soil where crops grow well and the agricultural paradise that had been hidden from the many pioneers as they made their way across the state towards the gold and opportunities that were calling from the other coast.
Perhaps the best thing about the state, however, is the residents themselves. Though there are not as many people in this state as there might be in some others, Nebraska is known for a charm that you just can’t find anywhere else in the world.
Considering relocation to Nebraska? These fun facts can educate you and your family on the state.
- In World War 2, the largest US ammunition plant was located in Hastings, Nebraska. They provided over 40% of all ammunition for the war effort.
- There are more miles of river in the state of Nebraska than any other state in the United States. The largest aquifer is also located in this state.
- There have been more Academic All Americans produced by the Nebraska Cornhusker football team than any other school in that division.
- In a city called Blue Hill in Nebraska, it is illegal to eat onions in public if you are a woman wearing a hat that would scare a timid person.
- The world’s largest Woolly Mammoth elephant fossil is located in Lincoln County.
Nebraska might be most well known for the corn fields, but the state has plenty more to offer the residents who call it home. While moving there might be slightly complicated, getting moving quotes from Nebraska movers can always be a great help.