Wyoming isn’t known very well to some people. Most people think it is just a big empty state with a lot of land. And while there are lots of natural parks and wonders that residents and visitors can enjoy, there are also plenty of technological advances that can be found within the long borders of the state. Some of these advances can be seen in the creation of JCPenny, as well as the level of coal production in the area which is known to be the most out of any state in the country. The first Dude ranch was located in this state as well and the very first National Monument was designated at Devil’s Tower in 1906.
At the same time, there is plenty of space in the state for you to spread out in. Wyoming is known to have the lowest population of all states in the country, but it remains one with the most land area. This means that no one will be living right in your backyard. You can stop and enjoy the nature that exists around you. Part desert and part mountain range, the state of Wyoming is nothing short of wonderful for the many people who are looking for that special place to move to.
Get your move to Wyoming off to the right start by learning more about the state with these fun facts.
- The first National Monument, designated in 1906, is located in Wyoming. It is known as Devils Tower.
- Wyoming is known for its mining industries and was home to the very first coal mine in the country. The mine was founded in 1867 in a town known as Carbon.
- Of all states in the country, Wyoming has the lowest population of any, even though the state contains quite a bit of land.
- Most of the famous Yellowstone National Park exists within the state boundaries of Wyoming.
- There is no normal drainage in the Red Desert. It drains neither east or west, but splits instead.
Now that you’ve decided to move to the great state of Wyoming, why not stop and get some moving quotes so that you can make the process easy on yourself and your family. In the end, you will be glad that you took a moment to do just this.